Add a main menu to Docky


Long for a ‘main menu’ on Docky?
138187-Screenshot
"I’ve been using AWN for quite sometime now, but that’s because of the lack of many docklets in Docky; the main-menu being an important one (at least for me)" he says on why he sought out a solution.
"What we do is change the "click" function of the Docky icon. So I modified that a bit, and got it to display the gnome-menu whenever I click the Docky icon."
Sounds neat, so how does one do it?
  1. Install "xdotool" (click here to install)
  2. Press ALT+F2 and type in "gconf-editor".
  3. Press enter.
  4. Navigate to /apps/docky-2/Docky/Items/DockyItem and double click on "DockyItemCommand"
  5. In the "value" field copy paste: xdotool key -clearmodifiers alt+F1
  6. Press OK and close the box.
  7. Click on the Docky icon

1 comment:

  1. AkuBuntu I don't know if you are still monitoring this page, perhaps someone else does that can help me. I followed your instructions to a t:
    "Install "xdotool" (click here to install)
    Press ALT+F2 and type in "gconf-editor".
    Press enter.
    Navigate to /apps/docky-2/Docky/Items/DockyItem and double click on "DockyItemCommand"
    In the "value" field copy paste: xdotool key -clearmodifiers alt+F1
    Press OK and close the box.
    Click on the Docky icon"
    When I click on it, it acts like a "Hot Corner" instead of a menu. BTW I'm using Linux Mint Olivia v15/Cinnamon. Am I reading or doing it wrong when you say to add "xdotool key -clearmodifiers alt+F1" at the end of the string? or is it something different I should add to the string?
    Right now I'm using my Mint panel at the top so I can access my menu. It works OK that way but I would rather have the menu on the Docky panel and disable my old panel.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    olylance at: olylance1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Find Us On Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Linux Directory